Did you know that when moss & algae are present in your lawn its because the conditions in your lawn are not suitable for growing a thick healthy green lawn? Mosses are able to grow in a variety of environments (including dry and moist). Moss is caused by some or a combination of the factors below.
Moss infestations Causes:
- Missing nutrients in the soil
- Poor drainage
- Too much shade
- Soil compaction
- Wet conditions
- Poor air circulation
- Or a combination of these factors
- Maintain proper PH & a healthy balance of nutrients – Soil sample tests determine corrective applications
- Improve drainage – Install pipe drainage or catch basins
- Provide more light – Trim low lying tree branches
- Cultivate compacted soil – Lawn Aeration
- Improve air circulation -Lawns surrounded by buildings will require considerable effort to provide adequate air circulation to grow a thick healthy green lawn.
Leave a Reply