Our organic lawn care program is designed to improve the soil structure without using synthetic lawn fertilizers. We focus on providing slow release organic fertilizers that help provide important nutrients that microbes found naturally in the soil, convert into a solution that can easily be absorbed through the turfgrass roots.
- Organic Feeding: Your Applicator will apply healthy amount of slow release organic fertilizer to thicken the lawn and create a dark green color.
- Late Summer Feeding: During our visit we will apply a balanced organic fertilizer that will slowly feed the turf.
- Organic Insect Check Up: This visit will include our integrated pest management approach. We will check for insects and notify you if you have an infestation that warrants the use of an organic treatment if appropriate or give you the option of using a pesticide. During our visit we will apply a balanced organic fertilizer that will slowly feed the turf.
- Root Development: Your applicator will apply a very rich organic fertilizer which has been formulated to strengthen the root zone and encourage new root growth. At this time we will apply our liquid herbicide weed control to the entire lawn, unless you request otherwise. This herbicide is not organic.
- Core Aeration: The core aeration pulls plugs of soil and thatch out of the ground that allows fertilizer, water and air to reach the root zone. Aeration encourages the turf to grow, improves the soil structure and helps break down thatch buildup.
- Fall Overseeding: A necessary step to keeping the lawn healthy and attempt to out-compete the weeds by keeping the lawn thick. Your lawn will be over-seeded with the latest cultivars of grass seed. These latest cultivars have better disease and insect resistance, better drought tolerance and will transform the lawn over several years. The aeration and overseeding will be done on the same day.
- Weed Suppression Application Option: (usually applied in the Fall for best results) Although total weed control with an organic program is not possible, this application will thicken the turf and discourage new weeds from germinating. Total weed control is more difficult to achieve using total organic materials. To help reduce the threat from invasive weeds, we offer our organic program with a single weed-control application that controls these harmful weeds and prevents them from over-taking your lawn.
Additional Recommended Service: Soil Sample
Most soils aren’t perfect for growing a great lawn. A soil test is the best way to tell if your soil needs any corrective applications such as Lime, Potassium, or Phosphorus. You will receive a written report from an independent lab and written recommendations from Brookside Lawn Services for corrective applications that will allow your lawn to reach its fullest potential.